Hoofmaker Concentrated Pellets contain all the supplemental nutrients required to develop and maintain a healthy and supple hoof in a convenient daily 50g serving. It contains high levels of Biotin (37.5mg per 50g serving) and bioavailable sulphur, which are essential for the durability and integrity of Keratin Sulphate that provides the structural matrix to the hoof. It also contains high levels of Zinc, which is a component of many metalloenzymes involved in protein metabolism, and is important for healing of all epidermal tissue. It is a rich source of amino acids, which are the building blocks for protein, as well as Calcium, essential for cohesion of the hoof wall.
It’s pelleted presentation is ideal for picky eaters, and is convenient for feeding in big yards with just a single scoop daily serving.
All horses: Feed 50g (1 heaped scoop) per day.
Ponies and foals: Feed 50g every second day.
A 3kg tub will last approx 60 days per horse. For best results it is recommended to feed Hoofmaker Concentrated Pellets for 180 days. New improved hoof growth will be evident near the coronary band after just one month.
Keratin sulphate is the main structural component in the hoof horn. Keratin synthesis is dependant on several mutually inclusive factors:
- Biotin – is a necessary component for the synthesis of keratin.
- Protein – as keratin is a mucopolysaccharide compound.
- Bioavailable-available sulphur – keratin has a high sulphur content.
- Calcium – this trace element is essential for structural cohesion in the hoof horn.
- Amino acids – as these nutrients are the building blocks of protein.
- Moisture content – keratin sulphate has a great affinity for water. Water availability is very important for the laying down of hoof horn and the natural elasticity of the hoof horn.
Hoofmaker is a complete hoof supplement as it contains high levels of biotin, calcium, zinc, methionine, bioavailable-available sulphur and amino acids to help aid any hoof problems. The use of Hoofmaker will result in:
- Improved rate of hoof growth.
- Improved hoof strength and quality.
- Cracks and brittleness disappear over treatment period.
- Hooves develop a better shape.
- Walls become thicker and tougher.
|Calcium hydrogen orthophosphate, Soya Beans, extruded, Dextrin, Lignocellulose.|
|Additives per:||per 50g||per 1kg|
|Biotin||37.5 mg||750 mg|
|E6 Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)||600 mg||12,000 mg|
|E4 Copper (as Cupric chelate of glycine, hydrate)||120 mg||2,400 mg|
|Crude Protein 15.2%, Crude Ash 46.1%, Crude Oil 4.79%, Crude Fibre 2.1%, Sodium 0.291%, Calcium X%, Phosphorous X%, Alanine 0.328%, Arginine 0.528%, Aspartic Acid 0.88%, Glutamic Acid 1.34%, Glycine 0.599%, Histidine 0.205%, Isoleucine 0.311%, Leucine 0.535%, Lysine 0.466%, Phenylalanine 0.317%, Proline 0.372%, Serine 0.384%, Threonine 0.296%, Tyrosine 0.245%, Valine 0.349%, Cystein and Cystine 0.129%|